Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stone and Steel Development Blog

I'm moving all my updates/ramblings to this blog from here. This way I can keep people informed with what I'm doing, revision updates/additions, and etc without spamming up the place since I sometimes make many revisions a day.

I'll start by posting my current To Do List:
  • Convert data files to libtcod format
  • Support wearing rings (in theory, this works, but only for one ring rather than two)
  • Fix up the AI a bit more. There are a few anomalies, but it's mostly working
  • Add an items data file for all base item types
Some visions:

=)Items(=
 All items in Stone and Steel will be defined as a base item in a data file. This data file will contain certain tags such as consumable, effect-giving, weapon (and weapon related subtags), and so on. The tag effectGiving would search data/effects and choose a random effect to give the item. I have not thought over this thoroughly, but it seems like a good enough system. It is definitely subject to change.

=)Skills(=
 Rather than a class-based system, I'm going with a skill-based system for a more open beginning. The player will start with a certain number of points (undetermined) to spend on starting skills. All characters can use all skills, this is just to give the player a sense of direction.


Feel free to comment with ideas or critique on my current view of how things should work!

No comments:

Post a Comment