Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rewrite

I'm going ahead and rewriting a lot of the code now that I have a clear design. I've actually managed to fix a couple of hackish solutions I had implemented before and eliminated some useless classes (DungeonFloor for example), but I've also created a bug in the cellular automata generation algorithm. I'm just not getting the same kind of results for some reason. I believe it may have to do with the neighbor cell checking.

In other news, I plan to change the game area around a bit. Since HP/MP won't exist sooner than later, I've removed the player info panel. To access the view for your injuries/etc the key will be 'c'. I'll go more in depth about this soon.

I'm nearly done with the rewrite though, and I'm already liking the way it works a lot better. It's similar in a lot of ways, but many things are just done right this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment