Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ItemProperties And Random Materials

In the latest revision there are no limits to what any item can be made of. If there were swords there is a chance they could be made of grass. In the case of the current version, I've run into grass made of wood. This means it h as the burning properties of wood, but it's actually the grass item. This led to some confusing scenarios while debugging, but then I realized I hadn't implemented constraints yet.

Items now have ItemProperties which are kept in the Item class. These properties will include burnable, weapon, armor, shield, etc and can contain any combination. For now I only have burnable implemented.

While I have no real playable version yet, it is still possible to build the source and test it yourself. There's not much point in me compiling on Linux, archiving, and uploading a file that doesn't really show much except some funny fire mechanics and grass made of wood or leaves and walls/floors made of grass.

Shifting focus to features that make gameplay possible may be a good idea.

Edit:
Also, changes are currently being made in the /rewrite directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment